Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Writing a Personal Mission Statement

I have been working on writing a personal mission statement for quite some time now. I was inspired by the book, "Rethinking Information Work: A Career Guide for Librarians and Other Information Professionals" by G. Kim Dority. Kim does give some suggestions on how to do this, but it was not quite clear to me how to go about it.  I needed a place to start and I found one here at the FranklinCovey Mission Statement Builder.  I wasn't sure this would meet my needs at this point, or help me to accomplish what it is that Ms. Dority meant for me to do, but it is what I needed to get started--a reference point, a place to "jump off".

Kim's book has been great, and I'm going to use this tool so that she can better help me to meet my career goals.  I'll be revisiting the Mission Statement points in the first chapter to make sure that I'm moving along the path that I need to be right now, make adjustments and continue on from there.  I am grateful to both resources for helping me to figure out what I want and what I need as far as career goals at this time.  I can't wait to see what more I can accomplish through this duo of motivation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?