Sunday, November 22, 2015

Halton Cray:The Shadows of the World, Book One

I've just finished reading "Halton Cray" for the second time, and I still love this story! I didn't want to put it down. I loved it most because, while it shared elements with 'Jane Eyre,' it wasn't just a modern version of it. It is it's own story and full of surprises! I also loved the development of the relationship between the characters. Their banter with each other is exquisite. This is a perfect rainy-day novel, but it is more than that, too. Scenes from this book will stay with me, independent of the way 'Jane Eyre' has influenced it (though I did love those echoes when I noted them!). I am so looking forward to reading the sequel. Thank you, N. B. Roberts, for deciding to continue Thom and Alex's story.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4o1jrd-5sE

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?