Thursday, March 15, 2012

This is my elevator speech. What's yours?


I am an adaptable, innovative and creative information resource professional with a talent for organization and attention to detail. I have over eight years' experience in information work.  I  instruct patrons and employees about information literacy and in how to use multiple computer systems, databases, integrated library systems and web-based educational learning tools. I can also troubleshoot minor technical issues.  I love literature and research; collection development and readers’ advisory are two of my favorite “jobs.” Reference services ranks highly, too.  My knowledge can help people and organizations become stronger because information is a very powerful commodity and can be very difficult to evaluate. I can find and organize information, create information and develop information for use as an asset.  My goal is to foster information discovery and access to resources.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?